Thursday, June 24, 2010

Taste of the (Sales’ People) Miserable life in the field

I hit the road in full blast two weeks after my replacement joined. Unfortunately, summer was approaching that time.

I have been working for almost 8 years now in this country (UAE) and I never had a moment to hate UAE until I started working on the field.

Why?


I am aware of the summer season and how bad it can be but I never experienced the peak of summer heat until I do hard sales in the streets of Abu Dhabi. As sales, we need to evaporate in our office by 9am. Hence, I am outside from 9am to 2-3pm.

And life has never been pleasant during summer. The temperature can sometimes reach 47 or 48 degrees and humidity is so high. Worst part, I am wearing a business suit and have to walk blocks away because there is no available parking space nearby.

Oftentimes I forgot my bottled water in the car. Returning after an hour, it is very frustrating that I can’t drink the water because it is hot and sometimes the plastic bottle is deformed.

Summer in UAE is really hot and it is not a joke. This is the time that you will hate outdoor sales job.

0 comments: